Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Third Anniversary!

Eyes on Life began life as a blog focused on social commentary in the present, trying to understand human behavior, and to explore civilization as we know it today.  My first post, on January 9, 2012, was a homage to Andy Rooney who had recently passed away after providing insightful and often biting commentary on CBS' 60 Minutes.  It's been three eventful years.  My focus remains on social commentary and my personal opinions on current events.  I'd like to celebrate some successes as well as looking at the blog's existence in the blogosphere.

First of all, I want to state unequivocally that I do not represent any person or organization, nor am I a spokesperson for any person or organization. I protect my independence fiercely. Organizations have approached me at times to write about them or their causes, but I have declined writing for them, with the exception of one health care issue (mesothelioma) which I was happy to bring to the attention of my readers. I do not raise money for any person or organization. My focus is on information, my personal opinions of that information, and working toward an understanding of the world we live in today.  I know that I am not alone in this endeavor -- the internet is full of blogs doing the same thing.  I try to insure that the information I share and comment on is true and accurate.

Now for the fun stuff.

In the last three years, Eyes on Life has had a total of 59,256 page views.  This figure pleases me even though I know that more popular and famous blogs get millions of page views.  I'm happy right where I am.  The people viewing my blog come primarily from the U.S., but also from Canada, France, Ukraine, Germany, Russia, UK, China, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia. When I first saw this list, I was nervous to see three countries notorious for harboring hackers.  But there are lots of other people in those countries, too.

So which posts were the most popular over the last three years?  Here's the top 10 list:
  1. Where's the Benefiber? posted on 2/13/13: 17,195 views
  2. Outrageous TV (about dishonest political TV commercials) posted on 9/17/12: 1030 views
  3. Locked Out: Month Nine (MN Orchestra lockout) posted on 7/1/13: 1026 views
  4. The Minnesota Orchestral Association Governance Part 1 posted on 10/30/13: 943 views
  5. Men's Fashion posted on 1/27/12: 812 views
  6. Locked Out: Month Seven (MN Orchestra lockout) posted on 4/26/13: 751 views
  7. The Minnesota Orchestral Association Governance Part 2 posted on 11/4/13: 727 views
  8. The Minnesota Orchestral Association Governance Part 3 posted on 11/6/13: 674 views
  9. If I Were a Member of the Minnesota Orchestral Association Board of Directors posted on 2/19/14: 638 views
  10. "Governance is Governance" (non-profit governance) posted on 2/28/14: 569 views

What's next?

My plan is to continue commenting on current events and other topics that interest me, including healthcare topics.  I hope that my readership will continue to grow and that perhaps more discussions through comments begin and expand.  To my regular readers, thank you!

Happy Anniversary, Eyes on Life!



3 comments:

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Congratulations on your third anniversary, and on your thoughtful posts on a variety of topics. I read your post on Benefiber and was reminded that some of my favorite products have disappeared. I always think "I should contact the company," but I've never bothered to do it. You did, and you got a good and useful answer. I think I'll try that next time, too.

Gina said...

Thanks, Nancy! I was very pleased by the response I received from the company when I contacted them. It hasn't always been the case..... Thanks for following and taking the time to leave a comment.

Daughter Number Three said...

Happy bloggiversary!