Monday, November 3, 2014

Election Day 2014....

AP Photo
...cannot come fast enough for me.  It's tomorrow, and I am so glad.  The absolutely horrendous political ads on TV will stop, and life will return to a semblance of normalcy. 

I am not one of those people who can be swayed to vote for one person or another because of TV ads. To me, the TV ads are a waste of time and money, and reveal the worst of the candidates who claim to be adult, mature, and qualified to govern us.  To see some of these TV ads, you'd think we were all stuck in a junior high school reality that never ended.


Is it any surprise then that I've avoided blogging about the political scene this year?

What really concerns me is that politicians are campaigning more than wanting to govern.  The campaigning fuels a psychological/emotional need for them that governing cannot. Do they even know and understand governing?  Instead of governing, they campaign in office, raise money for campaigning in office, and hone their use of "dirt" for their advantage. When do they have time to govern?





It's probably amazing that America still stands and we do as well as we do.


I've been thinking lately about leadership, and the gross lack of it in government. I am feeling extremely pessimistic right now about the future of America because of that lack.  We have two political parties who really are not that different, but they still exist. Some people in these parties choose to be uncooperative and downright obstructionist.  Is that leadership? No. That's the junior high reality we're stuck in.


Tomorrow will come and show us what we have chosen for ourselves in our junior high school reality.  And I will cringe and hunker down for another year.....  

No comments: