Monday, January 9, 2012

Homage a Rooney

Andy Rooney on "60 Minutes" from thedailystamford.com


Such a sad day on this planet when Andy Rooney passed away.  I loved his commentary on 60 Minutes.  Who might replace him?  I have no aspiration to work in television, and I'm certainly not him, but it occurred to me that I've always wanted to be a commentator like him.  Or Erma Bombeck, for example

So, this blog will be my homage to the real deal, Andy Rooney, in all his curmudgeonlyness.

My purpose is to observe contemporary life, especially in the U.S., and write commentary here about it.  Not rants, folks, commentary.  The view from my humble place in this world.  I believe in the imagination's power, and I intend to use it here to think of solutions to what I see that's a problem.  Creativity in problem-solving is an unsung and generally unpraised ability.  I have strong opinions also and intend to express them here.  Obviously. 

This is my point of view and you are welcome to it! 

No comments: